Wikiloc - great tool for all outdoor enthusiasts.
There are several trail tracing software out there but this one makes it so much easier for the new comer. It can upload files generated by your GPS device (such as Garmin) and render it as a trail onto Google map or you can trace your trail by hand.
- points of interest can be added along your trail
- document points of interest with photos
- upload your trail from your GPS device or draw it by hand
- upload videos or photos as to better depict your trail
- show GPS location (latitude and longitude) of interest points
- generates profile of trail for better assessment of ascent and descent segments
- generates specific figures: distance, total uphill progress, total downhill progress
- generates code for embedding your trail within your website or blog
- shows nearby trails made by other users
- can be viewed in 3D with Google Earth
- has more outdoor activity icons to choose from (hiking, cycling, etc)
- lets you choose difficulty level for the trail
- allows other users of Wikiloc to comment on your trail
- lets you download trails for your GPS device (you can download a trek made by other user and then upload it onto your GPS device – this is like having a guide with you on a new trek)
- has a forum for specific debates
- gives you driving directions to get to a certain trail
- lets you send the link with your trail to friends by email (straight from the Wikiloc website)
- lets you choose between aspects of map (satellite, terrain, map)
No matter whether you’re a canoeist, mountain biker, climber or hiker, this is definitely an easy way of sharing your GPS trails with all your friends and fellow outdoor fans.
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.