What we normally know to bring health and physical fitness - cycling - was banned for "health and safety" reasons in Black Hawk, Colorado.
The benefits of cycling seem to be unimportant for the officials of Black Hawk and thus they decided that car traffic is a priority as it brings clients in the local casinos. Profits for a handful of casino owners and loss for thousands of clients who come to gamble are priced higher than fresh air, true health and the well being of sport lovers.
Sadly while the gambling industry creates and concentrates wealth in the hands of few people it also feeds a terrible addiction which often causes despair, divorce, insanity and ultimately poverty. In the long run there's no way this will bring any good...
This is a call to all cyclists and/or bloggers who want to support the movement: I suggest you gather in huge numbers and organize Critical Mass in Black Hawk on 30 July 2010 and prove once again that We Are Traffic!!!
|You may want to rehearse flooding the streets with bicycles in Black Hawk before 30 July. I'm sure you want it to be perfect! ;-)|
Pro-cycling groups are getting ready to challenge the even bigger danger here than cycling - the precedent of such a ban on bikes. Gist.orgI'm with the cyclists! Are you?
- Black Hawk Bicycle Ban: Casino City Not Backing Down, Has Issued Eight Citations So Far (huffingtonpost.com)
- Colorado village of 100 people bans bikes (americablog.com)
- Black Hawk in Colorado bans cyclists (guardian.co.uk)
- Colo. casino city bans riding bikes through town (sfgate.com)
- Kill the bicycle ban before it grows (bjsmith.wordpress.com)
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.