If until now we were heavily browsing the internet in search of climbing topos for Brasov, Zarnesti or Sinaia, now we have a more elegant solution with Cipri's Climbing Guide of Brasov Crags. Being written entirely in English, it makes a perfect guide for the foreign tourist climber as well who can also find contact information (emails, websites) for getting in touch with local climbers.
While the bulk of the work was carried out entirely by the author and his wife - Anamaria Draghici - many other climbers and photographers contributed with pieces of information, tips and photos. So as the community of climbers is well represented inside the guidebook - I have a cool picture in there :-) - we are all grateful to Cipri who mentioned about us even though everything was done at his expense.
What you can find inside the guidebook:
- 17 rock climbing crags
- over 700 sport climbing routes with full description, french difficulty grades and rating for the beauty of each climb
- photo-topos with route lines
- color codes for route difficulty - easier assessing the routes and sectors
- icons describing the route's character, steepens and beauty
- GPS coordinates
- approach maps drawn to scale
- inspiring climbing pictures
Since the guide is at its first edition, we know there's room for better so please send your suggestions and feedback to Cipri. Also you can buy the book directly from him by sending an email to
The book can be found at the major outdoor retailers, mountain shops or climbing gyms in Romania: Himalaya, Sport Virus, Natural High, Vertical Spirit.
For ordering online visit Climbing Shop.
Brasov awaits you to Rock!
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.