|UPDATE 24 Feb 2011: This contest has reached its deadline. |
Thank you all for participating! I hope you are well and you'll continue climbing during 2011 and further in the future.
Winners are as follows:
Thank you Appalachian Outdoors for the opportunity!
Wanna win some mountain climbing gear? Well, you can.
The guys at Appalachian Outdoors decided to start the year being generous, giving you the chance to add a new piece of gear to your climbing kit.
How to enter the outdoor giveaway
Here’s what you need to do:
- Share this article on Facebook and Twitter and let your friends know about the contest as well. We want this to be a competition so bring in competitors. :-)
- Visit AppOutdoors' Facebook page and friend them up.
- Write a comment to this post and tell us one reason why you started climbing (or one reason why you want to start rock climbing).
What can you win?
We want to give small things to more people instead of a big prize to just one person. Here’s the prize list:
- Black Diamond Chalk Bag
- Black Diamond Quicksilver 2 Locking Carabiner
- Metolius Inferno Wiregate Quickdraw
- Black Diamond Climbing Chalk
How we decide who wins
Each of you should have a chance so we decided to go for merit and luck as follows:
- AppOutdoors will choose one winner according to their originality and craziness (they’ll give the quickdraw)
- Constantin Gabor (why am I talking about myself in the third person?) will chose another winner based on the honesty and emotional touch of your comment (I’ll give the chalk bag)
- We’ll use Random.org for the last two prizes. The locking carabiner will go to the Xth commentator and the chalk will go to the Yth commentator (Y being higher than X).
Note: We’re trying to keep spammers off, so comments on Highball Blog are subject to moderation before being published. If you don’t see your comment up on the website right away, don’t worry. You’ll see it later in the day or maybe the next day. Be patient.
|This outdoor giveaway contest is for USA residents only.|
We expect you to be honest and comment only once using your real online profile. If for some reason we suspect one person to be behind multiple accounts/comments then we would regard that as spam, remove the comments and consequently disqualify that person.
However, outdoorsy people are nice people and we trust you.
This post will be updated after the 9th of February 2010, announcing the winners along with links to their websites or blogs.
Good luck, climbers and wannabe climbers alike! Cheers!
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.