I received an email from a PR team that handles the Degree (antiperspirant) brand.
They asked me to post this video on the blog. I replied that this is not beneficial in any way to the visitors of Highball Blog. It's well produced but it's a commercial. They din't reply.
After a while, they wrote another email saying the video is not clear for posting yet. And then I replied:
Perhaps you regret posting that video after all... Watch the dislikes and the comments on YouTube.
The thing is, Bear Grylls has been more of a TV clown than a real survival expert. And when people see bullshit they can tell is bullshit.
If I were him, I'd step back now and do other stuff. He has been overselling and he treated his audience like kids - he basically told us Santa exists... (Fake shots, over dramatization when was not the case, etc.)
If he came on and acknowledged all the BS he has been pushing and asked forgiveness from his audience, he may have a chance to start it all over again - doing it better this time.
We want genuine people. Bear Grylls is a PR manufactured persona....
Just my thoughts on the matter.
- If you're in a survival situation, do you run and agitate yourself the way Bear Grylls does?
- Who runs on the approach way before climbing a sandstone tower?!
- Are those climbing shoes? (Gimme a break!) Is that how you step to get friction on a sloping ledge?
- Where's the belayer, dude?
- Is that rope long enough? How many pitches?
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.