Hello, I'm Mihai and i'm a bike addict (sounds like a therapy class introduction) and i'll try to make my ten reasons why i love to ride my bike.
It's also going to be a personal opinion, not a guide for beginners, and probably those particular reasons work only for me.
So, I do it because:
1. It gives my metabolism a little boost in the morning and in the afternoon. I try to go to work on my bike as much as I can, it’s about 25 km per day and it's a nice way to mentally prepare for work. I'm not a coffee drinker so it's probably my way of waking up at 6 in the morning.
2. I feel very pleased when I'm riding down the streets on my bike, particularly when I overtaking cars that are stuck in traffic. I don't have a car actually but I assume I could consider myself a happy person for not having to pay taxes every year, pay for gas and get stuck in traffic like that. Riding is free!
3. I’m a smoker and I know that cycling is healthy, increased cardiovascular system, gives me endurance, strength and also makes my buttocks look nice. I hope I’ll quit smoking some day.
4. Riding teaches me some geography and nature. Sounds silly but one of my rider friends told me the not far from today: if it would not be for all those rides we make I would probably have no idea what mountains we have around our town. And its true, we have been traveling around very nice places that are probably intangible for a bored town inhabitant.
5. It teaches me about my body and my limits. With baby steps you can grow stronger, faster and competitive. Getting to know your limits give you a nice feeling about your self and competing with your friends is a nice way of appreciating the place you deserve at the finish line.
6. I need something to do between swimming and running. :)) I’m just kidding but from all the sports I practice this seems to be the one I like the most.
7. It makes me proud. Proud of my everyday growing performances, proud of having ridden the two tallest roads in Romania - Transfagarasan and Transalpina. It's not a big thing but it makes me proud of myself, been able to take me up there only using my body's strenght.
8. Its extremely fun. I can't even remember all the tales I have left from the rides, that’s why I made a blog about this... I think. But we seem to have a lot of fun when one of us crashes of the bike.
9. Its give me the adrenaline doze that every design engineer needs ;). I admit without biking I am a sedentary person, I spend most of my day in front of a computer. I got used to the adrenaline rush that biking gives me and I can't get enough of it now. Riding on a single track in the woods at 40 km per hour is definitely a must at least once a week.
10. It makes a great combination: making sport - with your friends - in the middle of nature. It’s my exodus away from the daily life, it takes me somewhere in the nature and it lets me bring my friends along. If someone will withhold me from biking I will probably miss it very much, it’s a part of me now.
There are a lot more reasons to be added but the simplest way to find out what are the best reasons is to try it your self, you don't need a contest for that! Ride hard and see what fits you best !
Best regards, Mihai Siman
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.