It's no longer a rumor.
GoPro launches Hero 3 (also available on Amazon) and proves to be a leader in the action camera space once again. They also introduce two new premium accessories:
It seems that they use a RotoR mount in some shots.
The cam comes in 3 versions:
slow motion, baby! ), professional lens (2x sharper), built in WiFi and better image capture in low light.
Here's a comparison chart for the 3 cams.
Why GoPro is the action camera leader
The way I see it is this: it's gonna be hard for the other players (like Sony) to gain market-share, let alone mind share, as GoPro has already too many advantages:
- Great, short memorable brand name (synonim with the product category). When you say Lemme get my GoPro, we all know what you mean. On the other hand, saying Lemme get my Sony HDR AS15 Camera makes me reply Huh?!
- Great URL for the website. I mean GoPro.com - how cool is that? Just like GoDaddy.com, GoPro is a household name.
- Unique square-ish design. Sure, some say it looks like a toaster but when you have it on your helmet, people go like Hey, what's that? and you say It's a GoPro camera. Bam! That's how you gain mind share.
- Waaaay more fans who continuously upload GoPro vids to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and what not.
- A crazy viral momentum powered by all the factors above, including mentions in media, blogs and forums.
Thanks for stopping by! Share this article with your friends.